Only going to make a FEW bottles of wine in the late 1990's....

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Elayne Mott

Junior
Reaction score
Hi there: I first started making wines in the late 1990's, had become a member of the Grape Growers of Nova Scotia & the Annapolis Valley Vintners...then the competition bug bit me!!! It is a blast to make not only wines from my grapes but in these past four years, I've made wine from Autumn Olive & Aronia berries, cranberries, tomatoes, bananas & of course all sorts of the traditional fruit...strawberries, rhubarb, chokecherry. It is really surprising just what can be used to make wine...especially designed your own way. Of course,View attachment 73385View attachment 73387View attachment 73387View attachment 73387View attachment 73388View attachment 73388 I started out making my wines very traditionally & eventually got daring & never stopped.Wine cellar 1..jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Welcome to WMT!

I cannot see your pictures, but I bet they are interesting.

Elayne Mott

Junior
Reaction score
Hi there: I first started making wines in the late 1990's, had become a member of the Grape Growers of Nova Scotia & the Annapolis Valley Vintners...then the competition bug bit me!!! It is a blast to make not only wines from my grapes but in these past four years, I've made wine from Autumn Olive & Aronia berries, cranberries, tomatoes, bananas & of course all sorts of the traditional fruit...strawberries, rhubarb, chokecherry. It is really surprising just what can be used to make wine...especially designed your own way. Of course,View attachment 73385View attachment 73387View attachment 73387View attachment 73387View attachment 73388View attachment 73388 I started out making my wines very traditionally & eventually got daring & never stopped.View attachment 73401

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
Welcome to wine making talk!

everything tastes better with an award hanging on the neck, :try curious about the country wines you do. I did choke cherry for the first time last summer, have one aronia in the ground on it’s third year, and no idea what autum olive might be.

Ivywoods

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I just started making wine last year and am really enjoying the process. Your pictures are very impressive and inspiring!

Latest posts