WineXpert oldwino54

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many will make a simple syrup. I find it easier and just as effective to add granulated sugar and stir vigorously.

1 cup of sugar will raise one gallon the specific gravity .020

if this is a kit you will be causing an imbalance and the wine may end up tasting harsh if it finishes at all. some yeast might not be able to finish a high sg wine.
I would suggest experimenting with juice wines or fresh grape wines, where you can add acid and sugar levels to your desired alcohol level.

Good info. This is a kit I was going to try it on but wondered about the readings changing!! thanks

Was this a 'Mist style" kit?

If this is a Winexpert Island Mist kit, or other 'Mist style" kit many of us add sugar to those without any problems. These are designed to be similar to wine coolers. But, many of us like them better with 3 or 4 pounds of sugar added to the primary. I add it to the primary as simple syrup for the mist kits.
This seems to work best if the wine is then aged 6 or 8 months before drinking.

So, when asking questions, it is best to give as much info as possible on the type of kit you are making. That way you will get answers better suited to your needs.

Dave

Latest posts

Back