Mosti Mondiale Old Alljuice Master Edition Carmenere Mondial

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milbrosa

Reaction score
I've just started an old Mosti Mondial Alljuice Masters Edition Carmenere Mondial kit that has been sitting in a corner of my dining room for a long time. The date code is 91028, so I think that translates to 10/28/2009. Pretty old.

I opened it up and smelled it. It smelled fine, like grape juice. I tasted it. It tasted fine, like grape juice. In fact, it is very tasty. It has very nice body. I saw no evidence of mold. It doesn't look oxidized, it's a lovely deep purple color.

I proofed the yeast first, Lalvin EC 1118, and it was active. So I'm hoping for the best.

Last edited:
No, no grapes or raisins in this kit. It was just 6 gallons of lovely grape juice. Besides the yeast, oak, and various chemicals and clearing agents, the box just had this one huge bag of juice that needs two people to pour it without making a mess. Fortunately, I had help with that.

No adding water with this kit. Just dump the juice in the fermenter and pitch the yeast, more or less.

I made a few of the Masters white kits, and your going to really like it.

Good luck with it. Let us knnow about the fermentation ans how it turns out..

Thank you. Yes, I will update at each stage as I go on this and the other old kits I'm doing, just in case it's useful to anyone else trying to ferment an old kit.

It's been a bit more than 24 hours since I pitched. I've got some activity that looks like fermentation just starting up.

Fermentation was evident this evening when I uncovered the primary.

I bought a Mosti Amarone kit yesterday and started it in another fermenter. It came with a 4 kg grape pack and a bag of raisins. The instructions said not to use both. I used the grape pack with the Amarone. I figured this Carmenere might benefit from the raisins, so I stirred them in.

I racked the Carmenere into secondary at 1.028 SG today. The instructions say to rack it when it gets to 1.040, but I missed that by a bit. I stirred it up and racked it all on top of the oak in secondary as Mosti instructs, so there wasn't anything but the raisins I had added left in primary.

It's fermenting strongly in secondary. The airlock is bubbling continually.

Latest posts

Back