Off to Europe...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be "out of pocket" for the next three weeks or so. A high school buddy of mine and I are going on the "Band of Brothers" tour, which follows the progress of the 101st Airborne Division during WWII from D-Day to the end of the war. Starting on June 4 in Paris we will board motor coaches for the tour which will take us to Normandy (D-Day invasion), The Netherlands (Operation Market Garden), Belgium (Battle of the Bulge) and finally to Berchtesgaden where the 101st Airborne ended up in WWII. He and I are then going to rent a car and "free lance" some battlefields, visit my former post in Aschaffenburg, Germany and generally tour for about a week and a half before coming home. We hope to enjoy some of those great French and German wines while we are there.

Incidentally our wives, Bev and Jo, had no interest in taking the tour and even declined to meet us in Italy after it was over. Not sure about Jo, but Bev is just staying put in the US for the foreseeable future.

Have a good time Rocky!!!! And I understand Bev's feelings.

Oh, I'm jealous Rocky!

Have a great time, and be safe

Take me!
That is one trip that is on my bucket list!!
Have a great time and ditto on the pictures.

Thanks,

Steve

Man, that sound like a lot of fun. Riesling and real German food, not to mention what the French and Itialians have to offer!

Have fun and please share pics.

Have a great trip Rocky! I went to Normandy a few years ago and also the WWII musuem in Germany, check point Charlie, and the Berlin Wall. Very moving experience as my father was a medic in the war and he was in back of Patton in the Battle of the Bulge. Bakervinyard

Have a great time Rocky!And sorry but I totally disagree with the wives' decision !!(maybe ;) )

Last edited:
man that sounds awesome. we spent three years in Germany. lived in a small town north of weisbaden three small resteraunts with wine made by owners and only severed at their place. wish I could retire there. enjoy the time , drink the wine.

Have a great time, Rocky! I just got back from Holland, and it was a gorgeous time of year to be there.

Latest posts

Back