RJ Spagnols OCP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Finally was able to sneak in an order of this Orange Chocolate Port tonight so hopefully will see this coming soon. So glad someone still had some of these. Will have to make the Raspberry Choc again next year as thats getting a little low so will have to hord away. Have to wait along time for this OCP to be ready but from Ive heard its worth it!

Nice score Wade!! Do you use smaller port bottles or just use 750ml?

I just startedthe chocolate raspberry port last night sure looks and smells GOOD.

The Choc raspberry is to die for and I did a dble batch last year and will do another next year if they keep it going which Im sure they will as its sold out typically as soon as it hits the shelves. I bottle mine in the
<table ="Catalog" id="products" width="100%" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td ="table" width="2%" align="default"><div align="center">5215 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C5215_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Dark Antique Green Ice Wine 375 ml Bellissima, case of 12

Order #8 straight corks or #7 tapered corks to use with these bottles</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$25.99</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$25.99 </td></tr></t></table>

Congrats on getting the OCP!

I just wish those bellissima bottles were more common in the wines sold at my relative's restaurant (where I collect the empties). Unfortunately, I haven't seen a one like those there... on the other hand I'll be lucky there is any of my choc-rasp port to bottle left by the time I get to that stage, been sneaking a few "tastes" already
smiley9.gif

I did the OCP last year and tried my first bottle a couple of weeks ago and it's very good, another year and it will be great!

I got very lucky and have about 40 or so cases of the Ballissima bottles, dark green (brown) colored and very pretty blue ones.

You got those free from a winery? You lucky son of a, well you know where Im going with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley4.gif

Yea, the winery that I get all my bottles from. I have a couple hundred cases now 9not including the Ballissima bottles) so I have stopped going there to get them.

quick story behind that: the winery was allowing me to get these bottles based on a few guidlines......... i.e. remove the labels, clean them, never sell or give away the empties with labels.... Blah Blah Blah.............

This year at the local fair, I gave my right to the bottle (for the time being) to the first place amature winemaker............ he was thrilled........

Ironically.......... the first place Vineyard winner......... was the guy I get my bottles from.

Man what a hook-up you have there! Man, thats approx. $1080 in Ballissima bottles alone!
smiley3.gif

Having an outlet like that to get my bottles have been huge for me in making wine. Bottles can get very expensive.

I have a couple of friends who also go to other wineries and get their bottles, so we trade the different styles of bottles............ I don't think I ever told them about my Ballissima bottles..............

smiley15.gif
I dodnt blame you there as those are the most expensive. I can get all other bottles at my recycling center for free except the 375's and it seems lately thats what I really need with the White Chocolate Port, Peach Ice Wine and now the OCP on its way. I dont really like the other 375's as they dont fit very well on my racks and they are not pretty.

Just checked UPS........... from here to there, Ground, guessing 40 pounds isn't bad at all.......... cheaper than having to buy 1 case....... I'll get an actual weight...........

And concider yourself lucky.......... if I had known years ago that shipping something that weight 40 pounds was so cheap........... I'd had sent ya my kids!
smiley36.gif

For anyone who has made this, was your base wine red? Doesnt really matter to me but I was curious as I thought they would have gone with a white base and the other reason I ask was the box was open on my kit and packaged individually from Canada which was probably to help secure that nothing would rub against another and cause a leak. Fermentation has slowed down on this 1 @ 1.030 and is almost non-existent and thats in range according to the instructions. Cant wait to taste this as I have been dying to do so for 3 years now since I have heard of it and i love Orange Chocolate. Everytime we go to a Chocolatier I always get the orange covered chocolate rinds. MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

The base wine is red and you will love this port. My first batch is just over a year and is fantastic.
VPC

Thanks, I figured so but was just making sure as i just made their White chocolate Port also. I have heard so many rave about this kit and was broken hearted when I thought I wasnt getting 1 this year with a delivery screw up.

Wait until you open the F-pack. One whiff then you'll know you got the right kit. It was so good I ordered the second kit that day.
VPC

Latest posts

Back