After almost 8 years

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnash

Junior
Reaction score
Its been almost 8 years since my last fermentation. I changed jobs, became much more mobile and had a lot less time so my equipment remained packed away. This year and all its drama finally convinced me to dig it out, clean everything and start back where I left off. Today I began a skeeter pee and reviewed my notes from ages ago. I plan a couple of fruit ferments like a blueberry golden raisin and maybe a blackberry but as soon as i get the cobwebs out of my airlocks I want to order the frozen grapes and make a chambourcin dark chocolate raspberry port. Ambitious I know but i have made a Orange chocolate port with an unknown tart red grape that was great. I have made wine for several years and prefer wild muscadine, raspberry and pear so far. In the past I was able to grow my own fruit and hope to get there again soon.

Good for you and welcome, I just started again after a couple of years layoff and was instantly reminded of how much I love the smell of wine starting it's ferment. Best of Luck!
I to love the smell of active yeast and fresh juice

Welcome and good luck on finding frozen chambourcin grapes, I have a hard enough time finding them fresh around Missouri at the amount I like to buy (300-500 lbs), if I wanted a ton or three, I could get that without a problem.
I may have to settle for a frozen juice pail.

Latest posts

Back