Oak Circle Vineyards

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike89T

Reaction score
Well I finally received my order from Double A Vineyards and got my vines in the ground this weekend. And so begins my little back yard vineyard.

So I put the following vines in the ground:

6 - Viognier
2 - Barbera
2 - Tempranillo

Based on how the different vines do here in the desert, I will eventually be adding more. I've attached an image of the vines soaking prior to being planted.

DoubleAVines.jpg

Last edited:
Good for you Mike. Best of luck with your vineyard and we expect big things in about 3 years! Keep us informed and let us know what you are making in the meantime.

Pics or it never happened on this forum!

Congratulations and looking forward to the updates!

Bud break on the vines I planted a few days ago!

3979d1333555075-has-anyone-purchased-vines-double-vineyards-barberabudbreak.jpg

Snapped a photo of my 7 year old Red Flame vine that I have trained up the side of my patio.

RedFlame.jpg

Make sure to not let the vines grow on the house itself. You'll be in for nothing but problems in the long run. Ive seen plenty of damage from that.

:dg

Make sure to not let the vines grow on the house itself. You'll be in for nothing but problems in the long run. Ive seen plenty of damage from that.

:dg

Yep. I have it trained on wires and keep it cut back from the house.

Thanks,

Mike

Well all of my 10 newly planted vines have started growing!

Both of my Barbera vines are already putting out flower clusters as seen on one below. I've since pinched them off:

IMAG0078.jpg

Last edited:
And here are my older vines. A small Muscat that I'm nursing back to health and my huge Red Flame that is loving the warm arizona weather right now.

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

And I see a Weber Smokey Mountain in there too. Very nice!

I was wondering if any BBQ fans would notice that. I still haven't put it away from the St Louis Style Pork Ribs I cooked last weekend. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

:try

Looking good! Was just there last week, and it was so hot, I'll bet you could hear your vines growing!

Pruned my vines over the Christmas break. Several of my new vines didn't grow long enough to make a main trunk out of this year. So I decided to start all of the main trunks over this year to keep things uniform. All of the vines have healthy looking buds. Can't wait to see year 2 growth!

Also started a Kit wine that is bubbling away. Went with a Cabernet Merlot blend.

Last edited:
Finally bottled my first batch of wine! Sorry about the poor photo quality. I used my cell phone to take the pictures late last night. The labels look way better in person.

2012_Meritage_Bottle.jpg

2012_Meritage_Bottle2_edit.jpg

2012_Meritage_label.JPG

Latest posts

Back