Northern Virginia Cab Franc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred, I have a name for you. I’ll PM you. He had an ad in the VVA Exchange asking to buy small amounts of Virginia grapes.

My guess is mid to late September. PV and Cab Sav are later than Cab Franc. Though every year is different and if we get a lot of rain, they may never ripen.

Hey Fred, how are they coming, in lugs? Would you pick up and I could pick up at your place, or do I need to go to the vineyard?
Craig, I'll pick them up. I can also crush them for you and put them in the chest freezer so you don't have to worry about a last minute trip. That way you can plan your trip on a weekend and we can visit some of our local wineries.

Fred, let me check with the boss first, you know how that goes! I'll get back to you this evening once she gets home from work (she had class last night so I couldn't ask her, was fast asleep by the time she got home). I would only take 100 lbs, inflation has ravaged our budget.

I can see a designated driver role in my near future, lol.

Craig, I'll pick them up. I can also crush them for you and put them in the chest freezer so you don't have to worry about a last minute trip. That way you can plan your trip on a weekend and we can visit some of our local wineries.
The transaction/pickup has been approved, as long as it is on a weekend (Saturday preferable) and that I'm the DD for winery visits, per the boss!

Let me know how I should get you the funds, and what the total cost is (add some in for destemming/crushing/storage) plus whatever your convoluted tax is down there...seems to vary by county or something.

Just PM me or send me a text. I have a newer phone so I don't have your number anymore, so let me know it is you if you text, though I normally don't get texts from strangers about grapes, fortunately.

Latest posts

Back