!!!...NOREASTER..2009...!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank&Rita

Reaction score
< ="CONTENT-" content="text/; charset=utf-8"><title></title>< name="GENERATOR" content="Office.org 2.4 (Win32)">< ="text/">
<!--
@page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in }
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }
-->

03:00:
I awoke to find the room was silent, the power was off, I realized I
was going to have to go to the bathroom soon, also that I left the
porta-potti at camp. Silently I left the bedroom where the Lovely
Rita lay sleeping unaware of the impending disaster. I got dressed
and made my way through the storm to the shop where I had an old
toilet seat, made my way back and built a 7.9 gallon primary
extrication unit. After testing the unit I went back to bed.</font></font>03:15 I lay in bed tossing and turning unable to sleep, no electricity, surely the end is near, I get up and the livingroom is down to 68 degrees, I make a fire in the woodstove and fall asleep in my easy chair.</font></font>06:00 I awake in 85 degree warmth, I feel as though I can survive this horrid time.</font></font>
06:45 The electricity comes back on!! Soon after the phone works and I can get to the internet!! Life is good!!

07:30 The power goes off again, suddenly I feel as though this is a game of cat and mouse...and I'm the mouse!! My mind races, how long can I survive?

08:30 I cook some eggs and a muffin on the woodstove, is this how the pioneers lived?? I make a resolution to SURVIVE!! No matter how unrelenting the odds!!

10:00 As the Lovely Rita shovels the snow on the deck the power is restored once again, hope springs eternal!!

11:30 power is off again, the Lovely Rita and I sit in our easy chars and drift off to sleep, forgetting about the calamity that surrounds us, as long as we have each other and a full wine cellar we will pull through!!

13:00 power is on again, the Lovely Rita shovels out my truck, I go to town and get a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia.... I will survive...

16:15 The lovely Rita is tired from a long day of shoveling, it's time for me to put the chicken on the rotissery, together hand in hand WE WILL SURVIVE!! Happy hour starts at 17:30 tonight 1/2 hour early, you are all invited!!
</font></font>

What an adventure you have endured! With your spirit and determination, and Rita's strong back, you two will survive!
smiley36.gif

Are you sure you didn't need to get into the pain killers
smiley4.gif
or maybe just a little bit of Cabin Fever from being "trapped" inside! Hang in there, spring will come eventually.

I am thinking of everyone in the Northeast today. I am glad you two are working it out and showing the rest of us how it is done. "Chicken on the Rotissery" !!!! Yum!
smiley32.gif

Glad you are getting through this...sounds like you have it all under control...as always.

Remember....
It's Spring....
Somewhere.

you say you have a full wine cellar. BUT, did you drink any? .. LOL
smiley36.gif

Sure glad i read all the post as about half way through it I was inclined to run out into our freezing 42 degree weather, throw a halter on ole Juniper, my mule and head that way with a bag of vittles and a bottle of wine

Latest posts

Back