Nomacorc Select Series 900

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tristan_

Junior
Reaction score
I've been looking for a good medium-to-long-term storage cork that will treat my wines well for 5 years, but will also allow me to store the wines however I please (I hate having to lay them on their side).

I've been looking forever for a good source for nomacorcs, and finally found one at my local HB shop! After I mentioned I liked nomacorcs, the owner started stocking them, and at a good price too boot. How's that for service?

If anyone else is looking for a source, search for nomacorc at:
http://www.biyhomebrewsupply.com/

I've been using these corks for about 1 year, and have had no troubles. They do seem to have a firmer seal than traditional corks, which I assume has to do with the adhesion of the synthetic material to the glass. These in particular are also 1.5" instead of 1.75" #9's, but nomacorc says the length doesn't affect the oxygen transfer rate for their corks.

I have been using nomacorcs for many years - considering I don't have the room to keep the on their sides.

I have been using nomacorcs for many years - considering I don't have the room to keep the on their sides.

Are you using the Select 900s? That's what Nomacorc recommended I use with my Italian floor corker. From where do you purchase your Nomacorcs?

Thanx...

Bkisel, check out the site in my original post. My local HB shop sells them, and priced quite reasonably I might add. I'll copy the link here again:
http://www.biyhomebrewsupply.com/

Thanks...

Yes, I followed your link on the first post and those do appear to be decent prices. I'm thinking maybe a thousand count to get the price down even further. The site from your link sells a hundred count and the price remains the same even if you were to order 10 100 count bags.

Back