RJ Spagnols No wine diamonds in RJS EP Cab Sauvignon?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gekko4321

Reaction score
I bulk aged my wine for 6 months. I then cold stabilized at a 36-38 degree average for 30 days. The only thing in bottom of carboy today when I racked it was hard crusty sediment. I could note no wine diamonds (unless they compacted and look like red crust). I find it peculiar since most everyone says I will get them in this wine. I had the same issue with RJS EP Sauv. Blanc and cannot understand it. Did you have them in your wine?

That red crusty sediment is wine diamonds!!!!! What did you expect them to look like? LOL

Mission accomplished. That's about what I got when I cold stabilized this kit.

Thanks guys. So that hard red crust was wine diamonds?? I guess I expected them to look like all the pics I see of them in a crystal like form somewhat stacked. Albeit it has been whites where I saw the pics. I did not see a crystalline shape to them. Just hard, flat scrabble looking. Also I expected more. Just a thin crust seemed small to me. Forgive my redundant post, just making sure!

That would be them and the more there is the bigger they will form as you may have seen in other pics. Being that a kit even drops any is pretty remarkable, most any other kit wont drop any.

Latest posts

Back