No, SG change in 10 days, still at 1.008

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
No, SG change in 10 days, still at 1.008

Starting SG 1.070

Is this done, or should I let it go longer?

:a1

TIA

Cmon, Abe!!! You know the drill!!! Starting sg? Temp? Yeast used? ................. We cant answer any questions without knowing these things, that said this is something you most likely will want to sweeten afterwards so maybe this is right where you want it anyway. If so make sure it is truly stable and the temp has been good otherwise even with sulfite and sorbate this could start fermenting again.

Cmon, Abe!!! You know the drill!!! Starting sg? Temp? Yeast used? ................. We cant answer any questions without knowing these things, that said this is something you most likely will want to sweeten afterwards so maybe this is right where you want it anyway. If so make sure it is truly stable and the temp has been good otherwise even with sulfite and sorbate this could start fermenting again.

I gave the starting sg ;-) 1.070, forgot the temp though, its at 74, yeast was ec-1118, so far I have just used that kind of yeast.

Yes, its skeeter pee, so its suppose to be sweet, I may even have to backsweeting it some more at 1.008.

I'll sulfite and sorbate it.

Thanks!

I would give a few good swirls to get some O2 in. Are you doing this in a bucket? If so - do you have a lid on or lid off?

You should try fermenting all the way in the bucket, its how I do it and I never have a problem going dry.

Thats my point. Either that or stir it all up and rack everything over.

Latest posts

Back