NIAGARA/RASPBERRY QUESTION

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
I see many members making Niagara/Raspberry Wine....it sounds like a good combination. Awhile back I made a wine using some Niagara grape juice in 64 oz bottles....I overbought the cases of juice.

I have in my cellar 3 and 1/2 gallons of Old Orchard Niagara grape juice and I want to use it up in a batch of wine sometime in the future....[like once we have some empty carboys].

I have steam extracted raspberry juice as well. I was thinking of maybe a recipe somehat like:

3+1/2 gallon of Old Orchard Niagara Juice
1 gallon of Raspberry Juice...or more....would more be better
smiley25.gif

I kind of want to get an idea of what ratio of juices would be good...also how much water to add....IF ANY
smiley25.gif

When you make wine with those 64oz juices...do you add water too...or just use the juice?

Although I have been attempting to make wine for a very short time I have been smelling & tasting for over 6 decades. Saying that I blend my juces by taste & smell, and use as little water as possible, then add sweetner to get the SG to 1095 or what ever you might want. I hope this might help in some small way. Tomy
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Tomy

I made a Niagara Raspberry that I just bottled from Welch's concentrate. It was not my favorite and tastes a lot like juice, but the Raspberry is very prominent. Unless you love tart raspberries, I would suggest easy on the Raspberry versus Niagara in the combination. I might try a sampling of mixing small amounts of juice and do a comparison test, i.e., one sample with 2/5 Rasp. 3/5 Niagara, one sample with 1/5 Rasp. 4/5 Niagara, etc. Edited by: dfwwino

Thanks guys....I guess tasting is the answer....We do like the tartness of Raspberry...Raspberry/Red grape being one of our favorites.

Maybe I should get a couple cans of frozen Niagara to boost it up a bit..those bottled juices must have a fair amount of water in them.

Maybe use one gallon of the Niagara juice to melt the sugar down on a warm stove top...

Boy...the possibilities are endless aren't they.

I made a V.H. rasberry with 6 cans of frozen concord grape{5 gallons}.
It turned out good and you really couldnt taste the concord.I backsweetened it with 2 cans of welchs apple,grape cherry.This improved it alot,although it was good to begin with.The possablitys are endless.

Latest posts

Back