newby

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate

Junior
Reaction score
hi i have LOADS like LOADs of beans and peas and wanna make wine. please can someone point me in the right direction?
:hug

hi i have LOADS like LOADs of beans and peas and wanna make wine. please can someone point me in the right direction?
:hug

Peas and beans. Beans and peas. Hmmmm. I've no doubt that they can be made into wine.....turns out you can ferment about anything but I've never tried either.

Welcome aboard however.

Somebody will be along soon to give you some direction.

pea wine.... bean wine....hmmmmmmm interesting thought!!! welcome and good luck!

I would reccomend soaking them and turning them into a mash. You'll need to use pectic enzyme and sugar. You will also need some sort of acid and something for mouthfeel.
I'm sure it can be done because tofu is fermented soy beans but I'm not so sure it will taste very good.

Welcome aboard. Forgot that part.
Don't forget to go to the UserCP and update your profile.

Welcome aboard, Im not the person who makes any vegetable wines but wont knock you on it either as I do believe in to each their own.

Hi Kate,

Welcome aboard and, LOL, I second what Wade said.

Like the others, I don't know much about fermenting veggies but I'd be more than happy to work on a recipe with ya and find out how it goes.

I have a zuccchini wine in the secondary but have not done pea or bean you might have to see what Jack Kellar had on that

welcome to the forum. i wasn't even familiar with any other wines until i found here and read about rosehip, nasturium, etc. keep us posted on how things proceed. lots of great advice on here!

Back