newbie looking for a wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StBlGT

Reaction score
Hello. I am about to start my first kits soon. I stumbled across southern home brew...seems to be awesome prices! Did anyone ever purchase from here? If so, how was your experience? Any recommendations? Thanks!!

Hello. I am about to start my first kits soon. I stumbled across southern home brew...seems to be awesome prices! Did anyone ever purchase from here? If so, how was your experience? Any recommendations? Thanks!!

Decent pricing, other than that, nothing positive to say about them. If you're looking at WE kits try Label Peelers, all other brands try FVW.

Depends where you're located... For me, southern homebrew had a nice discount online but then charged over $30 for shipping to Ohio from Florida. I had gotten a kit from California the week before for less, and I routinely get things from Michigan and PA for dirt cheap, usually with free shipping. Shop around and try to find local stores (Google maps and follow up with a call to make sure).

Some people have had extremely unpleasant experiences with southern homebrew in the past, and I believe it was with just one guy there (not positive). My experience was actually very nice- yeah, it turns out my order didn't go through (bad internet connection on my end), but I had called in 3 times over several days to double check if it just was going through their system slowly. The lady I talked to each time was very friendly and apologetic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back