Newbie Guide for Expansion of Winemaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVMountaineerJack

Reaction score
I do have one firm rule, always make the wifes/spouses/sig other/ favorite wine first, and a big carboy full of it that she can see sitting right up front. This focuses her attention on her favorite wine and she doesnt seem to want to count all your other carboys behind it. If she is in a carboy counting mood just start talking about how good her batch is going to be, if she still persists start talking about how you are worried you are going to have to age hers a year longer than normal, that will center her concentration where you want it, on her carboy and not counting all of your others! WVMJ

I keep my carboys and wine making operation in the basement near the washing maching ( I do all the laundry), this way my wife does not go down there and check up on me.

I should note that my wife does not care how much, or what I make.
However I do think she is unaware of what all of this costs.
So I make sure I keep some nice jazz or jammy music going in the room, and she stays out!

Like everyone else has indicated, as long as I bring her up a bottle of Pinot, she will be happy and unassuming!

Well, on a different note, mine was asking me to explain what I had recently learned about the characteristics of different strains of yeast! :e I guess I am a lucky man!

My wife helps with almost every aspect of our winemaking. She gets a bit scarse during bottle washing and label removal, but she will rinse occasionally.

She likes to use the bottle tree and the k-meta bottle sprayer, though.

I am very lucky, my wife meditates while picking berries so I have long rows of black raspberries and blackberries for her meditation. She learned she likes to pick apple and pears this year and enjoyed how quick you can fill up a big box. So she picks, I crush and make the must, she makes the yeast starters and innoculates the must, I stir and rack and rack. I also noticed she is hard to find on bottle washing day. When I think its ready she tastes and we come to a final treatment and bottle. She fills the bottles and I cork them. She drinks them and I get to clean the bottles? Wait a minute!! Something seems out of balance here.

There are many threads to help newbies with their first jug of wine, but we need to look further ahead. I was hoping to start this thread to help newbies project their future needs and how to achieve them. Lots of good hints already.

WVMJ

Latest posts

Back