New to wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losacco

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Patrick Losacco from Gahanna Ohio, Go Bucks!

Looking for a good reputable place that everyone buys their equipment.

Hi Patrick. Welcome to WMT. Lots of good people here to help if you need it.
I grew up in Piqua Oh, about 50 miles East of Columbus. I now live in S. Texas so I can't really recommend a local shop for you, but we have quite a few OH winemakers that can probably chime in.
If you want a road trip, there is Label Peelers in Kent. I order online from them all the time and love their prices and customer services.

Welcome to the boards! I am surprised that someone from Texas would call Columbus to Kent a road trip :)

Seriously, check out Label Peelers.

Welcome to the forum!

Except for a few things here and there I get almost all my wine making stuff from a LHBS here in CT.

Looking for a good reputable place that everyone buys their equipment.

IMHO: the next time you may be close to Akron, plan on making a purchase from Label Peelers. You can purchase when they have a sale, and they will hold it (month or more) for when you can pick it up. That saves $$$'s on shipping of kits.

Next time you are in Milwaukee for a Bucks game, let me know, and I may ask you to pick up some kits for me from LP.

IMHO: the next time you may be close to Akron, plan on making a purchase from Label Peelers. You can purchase when they have a sale, and they will hold it (month or more) for when you can pick it up. That saves $$$'s on shipping of kits.

Next time you are in Milwaukee for a Bucks game, let me know, and I may ask you to pick up some kits for me from LP.

:h Not sure Rich but I think he may be the enemy :h

Believe he is talking about the Buckeyes.

I am amazed there is a Milw Bucks fan on this forum, I heard they are a rare species! I'm impartial, not a big NBA fan, but it doesn't sound good for the new arena. May have to get in a game soon, may not be here in a couple years...

I have most everything I need. So I compile a want list them when one of the suppliers has free shipping, I take advantage of it and place the biggie.

2 places come to mind. I would check out Buckeye Brewcraft on State Street in Westerville. His prices are good and he has most of what you'll need along with a fairly good stock of WineExpert kits.

http://www.buckeyebrewcraft.com/

Gentiles in Grandview is another good place but it's further away.

Hope that helps

Back