New to wine making... Wanting to try some Muscadine wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasTexan

Junior
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Ive only brewed beer and have been doing it for a few years now.

I would like to expand and try my hand at wine making. I have thousands of muscadines outside that will be ready to pick in a week or two ( picked 2lbs off one vine today).

Could someone direct me to a good recipe or info. I know the acidity can be a problem but can be worked out with Calicum Carbonate or Potassium Bicarbonate...

Do you guys recommend a small press for this job as well? Its the only piece of equipment I dont have from beer brewing.

Thanks so much! :b

Hi EasTexan,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. A wine press would be nice but not necessary and you don't need to add anything to adjust acid. You can use a sanitized paint stirrer to break up the grapes, you can also put the grapes into a fruit bag and squeeze the daylights out of it.

Muscadine is a very good wine, it is best at least as a semi-sweet wine.

Last edited:
WELCOME :try

I do both Beer and Wine. Lots if info here. Ck here before you do anything. We will walk you through it.

Thanks everyone...

I'm picking around 2/3 a lb of them a day so I should be ready after I freeze em for a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back