New to the forums

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gesnipes

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums and looking for a lot of good wine-talk. Most of my winemaking is chemical free. Does anyone else make organic or near-organic wine?

Anyone here from Georgia.

I was going to post some works in progress, but I'm too new and it's flagged as spam.

I'm new to the forums and looking for a lot of good wine-talk. Most of my winemaking is chemical free. Does anyone else make Organic or near-Organic wine?

Hello and welcome to our forum. Sorry I can't help you there. I am always seeking the Big "O" from my wine, not making wine with it.:slp

Welcome, I actually ptrefer to choose the safer route by using the very small amounts of suklfite myself but to each their own.

I'm new to the forums and looking for a lot of good wine-talk. Most of my winemaking is chemical free. Does anyone else make organic or near-organic wine?

hey man, welcome aboard! i just joined myself. by chemical free, what do you mean? do you not add any yeast, or sulfites, or other natural ingredients? my dad has been making wines that way for years, and they always came out very good, however they sometimes were tangy by the last bit. the last three years my cousin and i have been slowly introducing the science of wine making to him, and the wine has never been better!!!!

I've got 3 batches of Muscadine going, a batch of Blackberry, 1 batch of fresh concord grape, and 1 of Green Tea wine.

How about you?

Sounds great! I currently have mango bulk aging and peach in secondary fermentation. Planning an apple cider batch for next week.

Hello, I guess you could say I'm one of the few who uses no chemicals, other than sugar and water and alot of sweat getting the fruits I add nothing more. Although I have been thinking on trying a few things just to see what it does. My wife says my wines are fine and I've never had complaints from anyone yet. Hopefully you'll get as much information as I have and maybe make more friends.

hey man, welcome aboard! i just joined myself. by chemical free, what do you mean? do you not add any yeast, or sulfites, or other natural ingredients? my dad has been making wines that way for years, and they always came out very good, however they sometimes were tangy by the last bit. the last three years my cousin and i have been slowly introducing the science of wine making to him, and the wine has never been better!!!!

It's mostly sulfites I am leaving out of the wine. There is a risk involved, but thus far, I have never lost a batch.

I also started making batches without potassium sorbate. For sweet wines, it requires a higher alcohol content, but it has worked well.

I do add yeast and sometimes pectic enzymes.

Sounds great! I currently have mango bulk aging and peach in secondary fermentation. Planning an apple cider batch for next week.

Both of those sound very good. I made peach a while back, and it was wonderful. My wife loved it too. It's gone now, and I don't have the equipment to start a new batch until some of this finishes up.

I'll bet Mango is a nice wine as well.

Hello, I guess you could say I'm one of the few who uses no chemicals, other than sugar and water and alot of sweat getting the fruits I add nothing more. Although I have been thinking on trying a few things just to see what it does. My wife says my wines are fine and I've never had complaints from anyone yet. Hopefully you'll get as much information as I have and maybe make more friends.

I'm with you. So far, no one has complained and many people ask for more. A lot of people react to sulfites, so I'm trying to go sulfite-free. And preservative free.

I did read that the lifespan of an organic wine is only 6 months. But I have two year old muscadine wine and it is some of the best wine I've tasted.

Latest posts

Back