New old guy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBAKER

Reaction score
I finally made time to write this introduction. As a young boy I use to steal my mothers canned fruit and try to make wine. This usually resulted in blown up jugs with crap all over. Later in my 20's I got the hang of things but then the job and raising a family took my time. I'm retired now and have re-newed the hobby. This winter I built a new wine room complete with sinks, shelving and a bottling station. I have been reading this forum for a while and have learned a lot. It seems like a great bunch of characters that are friendly and willing to help others. I hope I can contribute.

Denny

Denny,
Congratulations on your retirement and the wine room!:b

Hi Denny, welcome to WMT!

Your own wine room that's cool and I'm envious. I've got to fight for every nook and cranny in my basement for this hobby. Sink is upstairs in the kitchen. Well, at least I get plenty of exercise.
smilie.gif

Last edited:
Hi Denny, welcome to WMT!

Your own wine room that's cool and I'm envious. I've got to fight for every nook and cranny in my basement for this hobby. Sink is upstairs in the kitchen. Well, at leat I get plenty of exercise.
smilie.gif

I did this for a long time. It really wears you out. I also found that about the time I wanted to clean bottles, my wife was doing the dishes, by the time that got done I didn't want to wash the bottles ! Hurry up and wait !

Welcome Denny. I'm completely jealous of your wine room. I have one but it's called a spare bedroom.
I hope you get lots of use out of it. Just by reading this forum, every time I think I have enough wine going, someone will mention a wine that has me intrigued and the next thing I know, I'm searching for the ingredients.

Welcome Denny. I'm completely jealous of your wine room. I have one but it's called a spare bedroom.
I hope you get lots of use out of it. Just by reading this forum, every time I think I have enough wine going, someone will mention a wine that has me intrigued and the next thing I know, I'm searching for the ingredients.

My eyes are bigger than my stomach too! Its the bug!:dg

I did this for a long time. It really wears you out. I also found that about the time I wanted to clean bottles, my wife was doing the dishes, by the time that got done I didn't want to wash the bottles ! Hurry up and wait !

Yeah, my schedule has been adjusted more than once over who gets the kitchen and when. Funny thing is when its time for me to clean the kitchen floor my wife disappears.
smilie.gif

Back