New Lab Table

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a good plan, Sarah. Don't forget to gusset the legs to the top and I recommend a two bowl sink. I only have a single bowl and it would be nice to have washing and draining sides.

Oh, and get a sprayer head if you can for washing and rinsing things that will not fit into the sink.

LOL Rocky great advice. Only issue is if you buy what you mentioned and I could only dream of having, it would cost over $600 if you could find it USED! I priced it out last week when I bought my table. Wish I had the room and $ for something like that. Restaurant auctions are a good place to look though.

Improvements

+1 on that table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks scary even WITH 4 sawhorses underneath it. It only takes a failure on ONE and the whole thing can come crashing down. It HAS happened before on this forum.

After the concerns expressed by the brain trust on winemaking talk, I have made the necessary improvements to the saw horse table.

cellar001.jpg

$160 at Costco. Ratyed for 4500Lbs. Can go six wide and two deep, or 36 carboys in total. I am guessing that would be about 3600 lbs. If I ever get more that 1/2 that in bulk storage, i would be amazed. Now I have more room for aging wine, so I better get some more started.

Dan, sorry for busting in on your thread. Guess I should have started my own. Still learning.

Kev

Kev, no problem. I like the new rack it looks really nice.

Just a suggestion. Get a piece of 1x2 and cut it to the exact length of the spacing between your shelves. Now you have something to take a quick measurement just to see if you're getting any bowing of the shelves from the weight as you add carboys.

I haven't been able to get online all weekend and now I come back to THIS! Darn, Dan, now I will likely drool all over the keyboard and short things out!

Now were talking! Just check the instructions to see if they list a max weight per shelf. You may even wish to put a piece of plywood cut to fit across each shelf. :br

After the concerns expressed by the brain trust on winemaking talk, I have made the necessary improvements to the saw horse table.

cellar001.jpg

$160 at Costco. Ratyed for 4500Lbs. Can go six wide and two deep, or 36 carboys in total. I am guessing that would be about 3600 lbs. If I ever get more that 1/2 that in bulk storage, i would be amazed. Now I have more room for aging wine, so I better get some more started.

Dan, sorry for busting in on your thread. Guess I should have started my own. Still learning.

Kev

Latest posts

Back