New addition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Heres my new addition to my wine/beer making room. It was a joint crime as my wife wanted a small freezer to buy meats in bigger bulk which I also wanted to save money in my wallet and I also wanted a place to keep my beer and sparkling wine cold but she didnt want it in any of our rooms so I compromised (or so she thinks) and put all my empty wine bottles in the shed with the mower and used the space for this! We bought this gem for $200 as it is all dented up in the front as it was a display model and never plugged in but it normally sells for $1399! It is a few years old and that model is now discontinued and replaced with dble doors because of its size, 36" wide!
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

Rich I just got it 2 weeks ago and used it on a second run blend of Chilean Merlot grapes and Cab from a friend. Its not the greatest but gets the job done Ok. I got it for $45 a few towns away.

What! no taps through the door??
smiley32.gif

Nice buy whare did you get it?

wade said:
Rich I just got it 2 weeks ago and used it on a second run blend of Chilean Merlot grapes and Cab from a friend. Its not the greatest but gets the job done Ok. I got it for $45 a few towns away.

That's a great deal in and of itself on that press. I wish I could find something like that for that price around here..........

Appliance depot. Eventually ill get a few taps outside but for now that works.

I have 2 taps thru my door.. It's Sooooo nice !

All you need is a CO2 ststem.

The C02 is in there, I just have to get a dble. regulator or probably a triple as i do want at least 1 more corny and another beer on tap.

Finally I got the nerve up to drill through the back of the fridge to
put my C02 tank outside the unit so now i have room for a 5th keg. I
have 3 beers on tap now and the sparkling crab apple. Wifey still wont
let me drill through the front for taps though, I dont know why not as
its a spare that will never go upstairs as its got a few dings in it
and why we got it so cheap. I had to drill 2 holes as I have two
different pressures and didnt want to spend more money on reworking the
system as i have both regulators attached to my tank.

Sometimes wade it is just better to get forgiveness than permission
smiley4.gif

Waldo said:
Sometimes wade it is just better to get forgiveness than permission
smiley4.gif

Waldo,
Did you forget how to spell "wife"? = SWMBO

Tell her she will save electricity $ because the door will not open to let all the cold air out.
smiley20.gif

Great find bud....Now if I could get you to snap a few close ups of that press...from what I could see its a fairly simple design. I could whip one out in short order with a few shots....especially of the works up top for the screw....I'd like to see how they reinforced things.

Pete

Its the workings of a Shop Fox Wood working vise and Ill get a few pics for you later tonight buddy!

Latest posts

Back