Needing advice on a freezer and refrigerator contrller

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyfmx

Reaction score
I am looking to turn my fridge into a fermenting space and wine storage unit, and the freezer set at a bit higher temp to stabilize. It is a top freezer bottom fridge setup and was wondering if there is a controller out there that can control both. I want my fridge at about 60 and my freezer at about 28. From the controllers Ive seen it looks like a simple probe that shuts off the fridge's power when it gets too cold, so it seems the freezer would get shut off as well? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks! BTW I would be putting one gallon jugs in freezer. Im wondering if the controllers can get the fridge to get below 30...

The way those units work is the compressor blows cold air into the freezer - there should be a venting unit that blows the air from the freezer to the fridge to maintain the desired temp setting.

You can run a probe to the freezer to control the temp - but the fridge does not have an air supply - so if the temp gets warmer then you like - the compressor will not run to cool it down - it is dependent on the freezer.

Simple answer. No. Nothing that can control both. Only thing you can do is adjust the airflow in the fridge and freezer.

Back