Need More Carrots

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasemandingo

Reaction score
Alright everybody, I made a batch of the "Cure-All" as described in the recipe section. Well, I actually couldn't find mint tea bags so those were replaced with 5 oz. of freshly grated ginger root. Anyway, the five pounds of boiled carrot coins went into the freezer and have supplied my crock pot roasts and stews with a constant supply. But I've ran out now!!! So I need to make up a batch of carrot wine. However, I don't want a strict carrot wine and have no idea what would go well with it. I have access to fresh rhubarb, fresh mint and a multitude of other fresh herbs, also can get elderflowers but I have no idea what flavor they impart. Please help me replenish my stock of carrots.

What about a carrot-pineapple blend with vanilla added as it ages, thinking carrot cake? Carrots and rosemary or lemongrass or thyme? Elderflowers are light, why not make a simple sweet tea of them to see if you like it? Dried hibiscus and orange and carrot would be amazing in my opinion. What about a mulled carrot wine? I think rhubarb would work out too!!

My God! I have unleashed a flood gate. Now my head is swimming with so many ideas!!! I think I may have to make 5 gallons worth of carrot base and do a 3 gallon batch and two 1 gallon batches. Thanks for the input Saramc!

Latest posts

Back