need help with a wine press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
I am in the middle of making a wine press and need to know how far apart to put the oak stays on the basket, if anyone out there has one, could you measure for me...I do not need exact numbers, 1\8. 1/4. or 3/8 will do

Mine are about 3/16" apart. I aloso use a big fermentation strainer bag when pressing also. When Im done I just lift out the abg and dispose of in the woods.

Thanks Wade! 3/16 is what seems to be common, and thanks for reminding me about the strainer, I too want to use one...I would like to figure a way to mount it on the press.....also if anyone has made a press what did you use to finish it?

Thanks Wade! 3/16 is what seems to be common, and thanks for reminding me about the strainer, I too want to use one...I would like to figure a way to mount it on the press.....also if anyone has made a press what did you use to finish it?

I just got some polyurethane reccomended here.
Here is a link to a product called EZ-DO which is a food grade polyurethane. Not cheap for sure!

Thanks Mike, EZ DO is Linseed oil which is what seems to be the common product

What ever you use to finish it make sure that it is food grade you don't want to poison yourself

Thanks JTSTAR...I am using linseed oil, which is food grade safe...They say any urathane will work, once it drys and for what little the must touches it

Latest posts

Back