Mosti Mondiale Need Help!! Added Liquel before Siligel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJMehr

Reaction score
I knew that I was too tired to be racking and clearing my Meglioli Rojo Grande at 11pm last night but I did it anyway. I have made over 30 kits this year with no mistakes but this was my first Mosti Mondiale kit. All the other kits used Chitosan and Isinglass as the clearing chemicals.

I racked the wine from my primary fermenting bucket, mixed the Potassium Metabislufite with water, added it to wine and degassed.

Next, major mistake time. I read the directions twice and still proceeded to add the Liquigel before the Siligel. I knew what I had done as soon as I added the Liquigel. I did not add the Siligel, just mixed the wine with my power drill Mix-Stir for two minutes and put the airlock on the carboy. I did not add the Potassium Sorbate as I normally do with other makers kits.

Mosti Mondiale instructions warn "that adding Liquigel before Siligel will negatively affect the clarification of the wine"

I do plan to barrel age this wine in my American Oak barrel in a few weeks. After the barrel aging, I was planning to bulk age for about 6-8 months in carboy before bottling.

So my questions is, what should I do about the Siligel that I did not add to the wine? I do have a Buon Vino Mini-Jet Wine Filter that I could use before I bottle the wine.

Robert
</span>

SuperKleer should take care of this - but give George a call because I'll bet you aren't the only one that's done this and I don't think you have any cause to worry.
VC

I bet it will work fine anyway. See what happens and if worst comes to worst rack off and use another fining agnt or just let time do its thing.

I made this same mistake on a MM all juice kit. After bulk aging for 3 more months it was fine.

Yeah... I think you will be fine to add it/ or not. I think that amount of bulk aging will clear it on its own.

I would like to thank all for your help with my mistake. You all seem to be of the same mind, just leave it alone.

I always use the supplied clearing agents with my wine kits but I have seen some wine makers do not use any, they just let mother nature take it course.

So, I guess as long as I am planning to bulk age this wine, it will clear by itself just fine.

Yep, when I make kits now I dont even use the fining agent and let time do its thing unless they are stubborn and need it. I will save the fining agent for another wine in the future or one that has been sitting thre for awhile and has not cleared on its own.

Latest posts

Back