My wine room renovations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveTheWine

Reaction score
I had a small 8X11 room that I was using to make wine in.
The prior owner woodworked in here and it was a mess.
Here are my humble Reno's I did in the room this week:

I put a layer of insulation between the wood paneling and the old walls.
Where you see green insulation is a window facing south. I plan on installing
A/C and trimming it better in the future.
Also there is a climate controlled fridge going in the corner for cellar storage.

20130426_145444.jpg

20130426_145508.jpg

20130426_145514.jpg

I like it. I don't have a defined wine room. I split my making and fermenting area up in my workshop and bulk age and bottle in a spare room in the basement. Bakervinyard

Thanks.
It is a small area but our house is pretty small to so can't devote too much space to it.

So I got hold of a free fridge so into the wine room it went.
I built a rack capable of holding 48 bottles to insert into the fridge. As well the bottom and door should hold another 20 or so bottles.

Also I installed a temperature controller that will keep the fridge at a perfect cellar temp.

Sorry some of the pics are fuzzy

rack.JPG

control.jpeg

fridge 1.jpeg

fridge 2.JPG

looks good,
I'd love to have that much space. I have been banned to the closets and the crawl space!

Nice neat wine space. Not sure I could make wine there, tho. I am always spilling, dripping, or dropping something. My 100 year old concrete floor doesn't mind. Put some nice countertops in this winter and they will clean up with a quick wipe. Nothing around mine that spills mite hurt. I am especially looking at your floor. Way too nice for my operation. I like your space, tho. Arne.

Very nice work space. If you turn out like I did, you'll need more space for more carboys, and more carboys, and more carboys...

...and then some more carboys...:ib

Nice neat wine space. Not sure I could make wine there, tho. I am always spilling, dripping, or dropping something. My 100 year old concrete floor doesn't mind. Put some nice countertops in this winter and they will clean up with a quick wipe. Nothing around mine that spills mite hurt. I am especially looking at your floor. Way too nice for my operation. I like your space, tho. Arne.

LOL Arne.

My floor is 60 cent per foot cheapo laminate!
It actually cleans up quickly and nicely although I don't think you would want to leave any standing liquid on there for too long.

Thats exactly what I did 3 years ago. Best $150 I have spent in a long time. I added 12" attic blanket above the winery and the winery is shaded in the afternoons by a huge Birch tree. That little AC keeps my ~200 ft2 winery at 65 degrees in the hottest part of the Summer (June for us). It might cost $20 a month to run. It also makes a fantastic place to run to in the heat of day to cool off! :sm

Yaaaa, it's all that "bench testing," don't ya know!!!! :dg

:)

Fridge/cellar is working great.
Had a chance to lager a pilsner beer in here the last 6 weeks or so.
Now my first batch of 2012 Blackberry is bottled and in the cellar :spm

20130725_220141.jpg

Latest posts

Back