My wife is going to kill me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just at tractor Supply and you can buy one fence panel for less than $50 and make this exact same rack and it would hold even a bunch more. Its a pretty simle design.

It looks pretty simple. Looks to be 2 panels of 4" mesh and wood blocks to hold distance. I'm sure there is more to it than that though. Does look like a sturdy rack.

I have a lot waiting to bottle this Sept.

Who wants some. I'm getting squeezed!!!!!:D

Based on our conversation when we had lunch, you do have quite a bit to bottle in the fall.

Did you ever get a hold of Consumers? Ron called me 2 days ago and apologized for not getting back to me. He moved his desk and they didn't forward his voice mail to his new extension.

Allie...just one. A kubolta yard tractor. Wish it was more of a garden tractor with a front end loader. Yard doesn't justfy it though. I was there looking for something to put on ant hill's to kill em. any idea's. :a1

Doug the panels I got are 3.25 inches but the ones at tractor Suplly are nore like 4" which should be ok. You're right they are just using wood blocks with two saw cuts in them for the spacing of the racks and to hold them in place, then a small angle bracket on each one to anchor to the wall. I did put up 3/4" strips on the wall so the bottles slid back a little futher.

my dad started the hobby and i picked it up. went from ~125 bottles in the first year to now, 6 years later, 600/yr or so. by next year, we'll be over 6,000, easy and probably over 8,000. ;) from closet space to 30x30 metal building. my mother was never fond of our idea to start a winery, but she has changed her mind.

I'm in the same boat. I started in February and now have 3 - 6 gallon carboys, 1 -5 gallon, and a bunch of 1 gallon jugs to hold the skeeter I'm making.

I didn't think it would become hobcession seeing as I've been so busy in the military for so many years that I never really had a hobby. Now on shore duty I kind of went in crazy. I like drinking my own wine (the one kit I have bottled) I'm sure it will just get better as some other kits age and I start making beer at some point.

my dad started the hobby and i picked it up. went from ~125 bottles in the first year to now, 6 years later, 600/yr or so. by next year, we'll be over 6,000, easy and probably over 8,000. ;) from closet space to 30x30 metal building. my mother was never fond of our idea to start a winery, but she has changed her mind.

That's exactly what I am concerned (or is that excited) about? This is such a great hobby. Never did I imagine bottling probably 150 bottles in the first year. It's crazy how quickly this thing multiplies.

Wait just wait!
Sooner then you think you can be like ME bottling 1,000 bottles a year. :sm

Back