My great grocery find

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
My local grocery has assorted Ocean Spray pure juices in 101 oz bottle buy 1 get 1 free. TWO! bottles for $5.79 and seniors get an extra 5% off on Wednesday - even on sale items.
Then I saw that they were discontinuing the Ocean Spray Blueberry 64 oz for $1.99 regular price $3.98 - 5%. I bought the last 6 bottles on the shelf. Good for drinking if I don't make wine out of them. I still have 3 kits I got for Christmas to make...

$68.00 in juice for $35.00!

Not a bad haul. I have made some pretty good wines out of the Ocean Spray juices, 100% juice, but a mix of juices. The last one I made was cranberry, wasn't enthused at first but I back sweetened with concentrate and with some age, it really turned into a good wine.

I have 3 kits to make that were Christmas gifts from our daughter and a 100 empty 1-gallon carboys. Any wine I make will be from juice and those will be 2 to 3 gallons. I just decided I am not sending any more out of state except to one sister - most of my wine was shipped to ingrate family members who gripe about sending my bottles back.

Back