Another productive weekend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Glad to be back at work. I need the rest. This weekend, I..

1) did some major grocery shopping. Our local supermarket has their "can-can" sale. They mark all can goods way down. I Brought home 2 grocery carts full of canned coffee, soda, soups, crushed tomatoes, chicken and beef stock, tomato paste, mushrooms, etc. My kitchen now looks like a general store (which I kind of like).

2) Met up with my two brothers and ran to my local supplier to picked up 4 6-gal buckets of white juice. Brought them over to my brother's house to ferment. Warmed up the juice to 65 degrees, added nutrient, then pitched yeast. It is happily cooking!

3) broke out the pasta machine on Saturday night and made homemade ravioli and sauce (see post under "what's for dinner" thread)

4) Attacked the "Honey-Do" list that my wife prepared for me (she's all heart). Broke down the Christmas tree and decorations, cleaned up all of the fallen needles, and also took care of a number of other chores that have been needed.

5) My Winery was used as temporary storage during the holidays. Now that the tree and decorations were put away, It was time to remove the various stored items. Took time to sweep, clean, and organize everything from top to bottom.

6) Made a roast chicken dinner on Sunday. Managed to watch Sunday's wild card games, but missed the games on Saturday. I wish I could have seen the Pittsburgh game.

7) Through it all, I went through 2 bottles of wine this weekend (by myself). A bottle of my supercab, and a bottle of 2012 cabernet.

Slept like a baby on Sunday night!!!!

Here are some pictures of my kitchen after the "Can-Can" sale. The crushed tomatoes were 12 for under $8 and the cans of stock were only .49..

My general store.. :)

IMG_20160112_062527_988.jpg

IMG_20160112_062518_137.jpg

Latest posts

Back