Mosti Mondiale My first wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doober

Reaction score
I just ordered the beginners kit with the Renaissance Amarone kit. This will be my first time. I was wondering if the beginners kit was all i needed to make this wine successfully. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to help me through the process? I'm very excited.

The beginners kit should get you off to a good start making the Renaissance Amarone just fine. The one important tip I can give you is to read the instructions all the way through, and then reread them. Follow all the instructions as you go and if you have questions about any of them, ask here and you will soon get an answer.

I would suggest as money permits that you upgrade to either the Portugese Floor Corker or Italian Floor corker. I believe they are both on sale at this time. They make bottling SOOOO much easier. It is a simple one kid operation where the double lever corker is a bit tricky for a single person.

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
<t></t><table id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">4812 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Ctree_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Bottle Drainer Tree - Holds 45 bottles
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$22.99</td></tr></t></table><t></t><table id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">4818 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Cvinator2_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Bottle Rinser Vinator
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$15.99</td>
<td width="2%">
</td></tr></t></table>I would add these when possible as it really helps at bottling time. By the way, you picked a great wine to start with.

Edited by: wade

Doober said:
thanks, do i need another carboy for racking? keep the tips coming.

If you don't mind buying another carboy, yes, it is a great addition and will soon become a necessity as you want to start another batch and the first one isn't finished yet.

I bought the vinator and cannot get it to spray the sanitizer up into the bottle.

uavwmn have you pushed the bottle down on the vinator several times. It needs to fill the assembly up with the solution before it sprays. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 pumps but will then spray several feet when filled. Try it with water first and see if it will spray after repeated pumps.

The bowl of the vinator needs to be filled almost completely to the top with solution to work properly.

I struggled with making this work on first, but Appleman's instructions basically describe what made it work for me. It becomes harder to push down once the assembly becomes full of liquid.

Hi, you've started out with an excellent wine kit. Be prepared now though that you've got such a good kit in a good level that it would be hard to go to a smaller kit after this. I served that same wine at my open house in August and a number of people ordered it after that. It tastes good right away, but in time mellows and gets even better. Excellent choice! And great value when you look at how much an Amarone will cost you by the bottle.

hi doober,thats a real nice kit to start with!lets make sure we start out right.clean everything that touches the wine.bucket, lid, air lock ,spoon, testers..hot water and a splash of bleach will do,but let dry thoroughly.added water can be bottled ,filtered or tap water&gt;&gt;i put tap water in milk jugs and set them in the sun for a day.it eliminates the chlorine but retains the minerals.mix it up,add yeast when under 80'f &gt;lid and airlock keep under75'f from now on and under 70' is even better!after 5 day check specific gravity if 1.030 or less transfer to jug(carboy).dont be afraid to read kit instructions repeatedly.

Doober, just a suggestion but go to the Dollar Store or Wal Mart and get 2 big plastic tubs. They are long and wide and I found them around the kitchen aisle.
I line them up....one for sanitizing, the other for sterilizing. Everything fits in there and then it is to the sink to rinse. I set this up in my bathroom and it is easy and everything is right there.

Welcome to the Forum!!

Latest posts

Back