My first skeeter pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green_Acres

Reaction score
I started it 5 days ago it going well, used a blackberrie slurry. it was slow at first but is doing great now. SG is at 1.035.

what is this a good SG to rack it to a carboy to finish it off and clear it?

btw my wife is not much of a wine person she more of a (jack and coke) person, she does drink some wine once and a while, but she tasted the SK pee she like it said it had a good tasted. she want to tasted it after it has finished to see if the tasted changes, this is a first, she never ask to try my wine after it is finished before.

I would let it go dry then rack

agree...let is go 1.000 or lower. when u sweeten, it will cover some of the alcohol. my first was from a blackberry slurry, also. does yours have a pink color, too?

I backsweetened mine to 1.009 and I think Julie's was 1.010

You'll get a little of the blackberry taste in it too.

agree...let is go 1.000 or lower. when u sweeten, it will cover some of the alcohol. my first was from a blackberry slurry, also. does yours have a pink color, too?

countrygirl:
more blackberrie color, dark, but still tasted like lemon.

djrockinsteve:
yes there a blackberrie tasted but more lemon like home made lemonade

Last edited:
:u

rack my skeeter pee in to carboy last night, sg was 1.000, now to clear and bottle.

countrygirl: you were right after I got it rack out it was pink in color.

rack my skeeter pee in to carboy last night, sg was 1.000, now to clear and bottle.

countrygirl: you were right after I got it rack out it was pink in color.

as lon congratuled me, so i congratule you!

IT'S A GIRL!

I backsweetened mine to 1.009 and I think Julie's was 1.010

You'll get a little of the blackberry taste in it too.

Steve is right, mine is 1.010 or close to it but never past that and I rack before it goes dry, anywhere wround 1.005 and 1.010

Today I racked my apple jack into a carboy and was going to toss the slurry then I thought, I'll make a sour apple skeeter pee. I'll use 1 or 2 bottles of lemon juice and 1 or 2 cans of frozen apple concentrate to sweeten.

I added my inverted sugar to the bucket and in minutes it was underway. This stuff is soooooo coooool.

Hey holidays are coming just as the skeeter pee's are ready. Time to get freaky:tz

Today I racked my apple jack into a carboy and was going to toss the slurry then I thought, I'll make a sour apple skeeter pee. I'll use 1 or 2 bottles of lemon juice and 1 or 2 cans of frozen apple concentrate to sweeten.

I added my inverted sugar to the bucket and in minutes it was underway. This stuff is soooooo coooool.

Hey holidays are coming just as the skeeter pee's are ready. Time to get freaky:tz

That sounds mighty tasty! Hustle up... could go good with a slice of hot apple pie at Thanksgiving.

bottle skeeter pee

I bottle my skeeter pee this week end how long do you have to let it age before drinking it?

Not sure if the skeeter pee would go thru bottle shock but I would say give it a few weeks than crack open a bottle. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

I bottle my skeeter pee this week end how long do you have to let it age before drinking it?

As soon as you're thirsty it's drinkable. THEN, start another batch right away so that you can let that one rest for a month before being "forced" to dig in.

As soon as you're thirsty it's drinkable. THEN, start another batch right away so that you can let that one rest for a month before being "forced" to dig in.

Thanks lon
it the first wine I may that my wife likes, I will started a other one this week end.
Robert

Hum i wonder if i can just get some slurrie from the local winery up the street? bet he would just give it away!? They probly just dump them don't ya think?

I am new to skeeter pee and will give it a shot once i can get the slurry from the wine i have going now... Would anyone like to let me know how you "clear" your pee?

I am new to skeeter pee and will give it a shot once i can get the slurry from the wine i have going now... Would anyone like to let me know how you "clear" your pee?

Mine cleared with time in the 2 months from start to finish. You can add any of the normal clearing agents to speed things along.

I really need to get another batch of this going.

Mine cleared with time in the 2 months from start to finish. You can add any of the normal clearing agents to speed things along.

I really need to get another batch of this going.

my did the same had no problem clearing took two months, I make one sweet and the other one I make not so sweet, I like my that way where my wife like wine with her sugar. :D

try my skeeter pee

drank my first bottle this week end , and started my sec batch it was so good and gave a bottle to a freind of my and he liked it so well he ask me to help him started a batch, :b so I have two 5 gal batch started, one for me and one for him,
thank everone for your help!!!!!!!!!!:br

Latest posts

Back