My first real bonehead winemaking moment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smurfe, if that's your first really bonehead move, you are way ahead of the rest of us.

Remember Murphy's Corollary #3: If everything seems to be going will, you've obviously overlooked somethig.

Sorry my friend.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Come'on Smurf.... these guys are saying you threw it out......

SAY IT AINT SO MAN.................

SAY YOU DIDN"T DO IT............................

Tell these guys what a great winemaker you really are, how did you save this batch?

Sorry to say but yes I dumped it. I am very anal retentive and for a first batch of a particular varietal it has to be done exactly by the directions so I have a base to compare it to. It would of probably turned out funky anyway I am afraid. I was tweaking away when I realized whatI had done. I don't think it had a chance to be anything recognizable or decent. Not to worry though. I will make another and put big labels on the carboy.

smiley19.gif

I am sorry to hear of the passing of your batch of wine. My heartfelt condolences. My next batch will have a piece of black tape on all bottle labels in memoriam.

Back