My First Kin of Grapes for the Season

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the new finish. Great job, jobe.
smiley20.gif

jobe05 said:
OK Waldo, Based on your recommendation, and several hundred dollars later, my fruit press went from this:

20060923_123150_press1.jpg

To This:
20060923_123236_new_press.jpg

Very pleased with the very hard and durable finish. I had some areas that I wasn't happy with, so I tried sanding, nothing! Filed it, nothing! This stuff is incredible!

I'm going to let it cure for about a week now then Ill start crushing some grapes...... Ummm I mean Muscadines.............

Absolutely awesome podner..You did on fantastic job on it
smiley32.gif

sweet! I'm sure the awesome finish you have put on there will also help with future cleanup and santization! Great job!

Jobe
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">I have done quite a bit of powder coating myself and any ques in the future I'd be happy to help. There is no need to wait to use your press, once it cools down from the oven its ready to go. For those who can't afford a PC outfit, check a local RACE shop or a shop that does a lot of customizing or if you see a person with those fancy colored RIMS on their car ask where they got them. You would be surprised how many placees do custom Powder Coating. BY the way you did a nice job on your press.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

That looks incredibly better. Are you sure tou bought the powder coating system and not just a brand new press?
smiley20.gif

Due to this small project, I have now included to my shop arsenal, a new sandblasting cabinet and the powder coat system. I was mazed how easy the powder coat system worked. Although a cheap system that worked with many glitches, it was quite easy and worth while. I bought 16 oz of each red and black powder, and didn't go through but a couple of ounces each, and everthing you see pictured, has 2 coats on it. If anyone is into this kind of stuff, I would highly recommend this type of painting system. I have read a lot on it's potentail and found a message board with a ton of information. Powder coating is in high demand and would be a nice way to add to one income as a side hobby, with just a few hundred dollars invested. And did I say how easy it was.........

Bill B said:
Jobe
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0"> There is no need to wait to use your press, once it cools down from the oven its ready to go. .
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0">Bill

As I have found out.........
smiley9.gif

I couldn't wait....... I had a few pound of Scuppernoggs still sitting from last weekend, ripening in paper bags. So I went ahead and cleaned and sanitized and stated sqeezing. I sqeezed enough to start a gallon batch of scuppernogg wine. Press worked like a charm! And clean up was incredibly easy with this new finish.

Now maybe a steamer.............

Back