My first attempt at a label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donaltman3

Reaction score
This is my first attempt of a good label. I've made wine since before I was able to drink it.. starting off helping my grandfather.. he passed on the tradition to me. The picture on the label is about 100 foot from my grapvines in the woods that I hunt each year. The name of the area is called Whitewater. The grapes I've grown myself and harvested myself each year. In 2008 I had the idea to make "nice" bottles and instead of just drinking them and handing them out when someone came over.. this time I would decorate a nice basket with a couple bottles and other things I've made for christmas presents. I foil wrapped the top and made the lables. I had a local printing shop make them with sticky back for next to nothing.

2008finallable.jpg

The back lable explains where it is from the tradition in my family of making wine and tells of the antioxidant properties of the muscadine wine being greater then traditional grape wines. ( I only have a small few of this batch left)

This is one of a bottle I'm getting ready to start handing out...

2010finallable.jpg

Last edited:
+1! Looks really good! I like the "Whinery" part, too! ;)

Looks Good, keep up the good work
What do I need to do to get on your Christmas List? LOL

The landscape picture is Beautiful!!! Where is it exactly? We hunt so we have an affinity for outdoors and nature and animals. Love it!!! I really like that there is a story behind it as well; makes it extra special.

just a play on words..

I live in South Georgia about 10 miles from the Florida line ... this area is full of lakes and swamp bottoms.. with huge Live Oak trees and spanish moss... we are about an hour and a half the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic ocean depending on which direction you decided to drive.

Thanks all for the kind words.
Running wolf.. I actually used a very dark glass almost black.. it was really really heavy bottles and I used a matching foil to the date on each lable to make the date pop... it was fun.
That is a huge buck and about 10 or so wild turkey that my game camera actually took on day while I was working. We often also get pictures of wildcats and coons...

Latest posts

Back