MUSTY TASTE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NY257121

Junior
Reaction score
BOTTLED TWO DIFFERENT WINES ON THE SAME DAY. ONE A Sauvignon Blanc, THE OTHER A ZINFANDEL. I USE NOMOCORCS. I PLACE THE CORKS IN SEALED POT WITH A STONG SOLUTION OF META SO THAT ONLY VAPORS COULD REACH THE CORKS. SOAKING THEM RUSTED THE CORKER IN THE PAST. THE WHITE HAS A MUSTY TASTE THE RED IS FINE. ANY IDEAS

First off, please turn off the CAPS.

I would guess that you have a cork bacteria that is responding to the different minerals, enzymes or bacteria in the white differently then the red.

All corks have bacteria in them and it is almost impossible to totally kill it off.

Have you tried a differnt bottle of the white? It may be just a bad cork.

I think it would be difficult to have any bacteria in the Normacorcs like other corks since they are synthetic and not porous at all.

I would suggest opening another bottle of the white to see if they are all the same or just a bad bottle.

masta said:
I think it would be difficult to have any bacteria in the Normacorcs like other corks since they are synthetic and not porous at all.

Doh! Good point....
smiley18.gif

Latest posts

Back