Must getting close to airlock

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommcd

Junior
Reaction score
Hi guys started my 1st red wine kit last night . The must is getting close to the airlock probably about a inch away. Do you think I should take some out or leave it as it is for now?

If you just started last night, your fermentation is bound to get more active and you'll have a mess on your hands. You have this in a carboy?

If you just started last night, your fermentation is bound to get more active and you'll have a mess on your hands. You have this in a carboy?
Yes I have it in a demiJohn.
is it best to take some out then? and if it is can I stick it in a plastic bottle with the lid un tightened a little like I have read some people have just to not waste any?

For primary fermentation, I like to leave 20 or even 30 percent head space. so, for a 5 gallon batch, my advice is to use a 6 gal bucket at a minimum.

For primary fermentation, I like to leave 20 or even 30 percent head space. so, for a 5 gallon batch, my advice is to use a 6 gal bucket at a minimum.
Yer it's my second kit my white kit is going well now so started my red one I just followed the instructions and now I'm worried it's going to.. What's the worst explode or go into the airlock?

Latest posts

Back