Other Muscato Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dokki

Amateur Enologist
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

I'm looking for a good Muscato wine kit. My local brew shop doesn't stock any and hasn't come across any that they've liked. Has anyone came across a good muscato kit, or maybe even had positive results with a juice pail straight from a vineyard? Being in WI I'd obviously need the vineyard to be able to ship.

Thanks for any info.

I am not seeing a single Muscato wine kit from any of the kit makers. You may be out of luck unless you can find a pail from a local distributer in the fall.

Dokki,

Check with Williams Brewing (www.williamsbrewing.com). I have used this "kit" for making a straight Muscat which I blended with another wine. The Muscat itself was good. The kit makes 5 gallons and costs around $60.

I have also made Muscat from juice which I bought in a 6 gallon bucket.

Dokki, you realize that is a port wine, I'm sure and that it only makes abouit 3 gallons of wine. That is very sweet but if that is what you want, go for it. I made a batch of Muscat, fermented it to dry and added apricot puree to flavor and sweeten it. It came out a little too sweet for me, but my wife likes it.

I am currently making a muscat from this guy http://www.homewinery.com/cgi-bin/concen.cgi
Its a bottle of concentrate and a couple of bags of chemicals and yeast. You add sugar and water.
I have made his merlot and his chianti, both are ageing, but I tasted both at bottling and they weren't too bad. I oaked the merlot.

The port and the 3 gallon batch size doesn't bother me, obviously I'd prefer a regular muscat over a port, but this was the closest kit that I had found thus far.

DoctorCAD, thanks for the link to that supplier. He seems to have very attractive pricing.

He is a pretty nice guy to deal with. I have called him with questions and he answers quickly. I ordered a few supplies from him and one item came up missing. No problems with him re-sending the item.

I really hope the muscat comes out good, I made it for all the women in my neighborhood. They like it with strawberries cut up and floating in the glass.

Happy neighbors are good neighbors!

Dokki, I just completed a Moscato wine kit that I ordered from Amazon.com. It is a Paklab kit, not the best quality kit out there, but it turned out ok. I did back sweeten it though. Hope this helps you out, John.

Just seams to me that 64 oz. isn't enough for 5 gallons???

You can use it for 5 gallons but it will come out on the thin side. To get full strength juice from a 64 BRIX concentrate it needs to be diluted with 1 pt concentrate to 3.2 parts water.

Back