Muscadine Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ramona....I owe my success to all of the good people here on the forum. With each attempt/failure I am adding notches to my wine making skills.

I think the ultimate would be that one weekend we could all meet somewhere just to fellowship/share wines and see who can tell the biggest lies
smiley36.gif

That would definitely be the ultimate!! Hope that someday that can happen and I have a feeling it will!!

Ramona

We need to plan something in the spring......Sounds like a good central location....would that be Arkansas?

Ramona

Started my 5 liter barrel curing yesterday moning. Will let it soak another day then put it on its rack and keep er full tilll it stops leaking then I plan to fill it with sulfite solution and let it soak until I get ready to add the Muscadine to it.

2005-10-04_173348_barrel_soaking.jpg

Will the sulphite solution soak into the wood and leach out into the wine, dosing it too much?

You may be right Hippie.. I sent the manufacturer an email but they have not responded back yet

Bottled my Muscadine today. Started at 2:30 am sanitizing bottles. Then racked Muscadine into primary fermenter. I don't think it really needed it but I went ahead and filtered the muscadine too. I made a sugar syrup and sweetened the muscadine just a tad.

2005-10-08_125419_filtering_muscadine_100805_2.jpg

Got everything corked without any major mishaps. I found that neat wine bottle holder on eBay. I thought it was pretty cool.

2005-10-08_125500_muscadine_bottled_100805.jpg

Then I applied my labels and shrink tops. I know, this is not the label I intended to use but when I printed out the one I was going to use it just did not look right. I played with it a while and finally gave up and made the one on the bottles.

2005-10-08_125727_muscadine_bottled_and_labeled.jpg

Here is a better picture of the label

2005-10-08_130339_vitis.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

It looks absolutely wonderful, Waldo!

Congratulations on a great looking wine!

Holy cow Waldo....you are turning into quite a winemaker!
smiley32.gif

Looks like we have a soon to be expert in the making!

Waldo,

You have made some great looking wines..
smiley20.gif

What is the board with the hole and the wine bottle sticking out of it???

rgecaprock said:
Waldo,

You have made some great looking wines..
smiley20.gif

What is the board with the hole and the wine bottle sticking out of it???

It is just a neat wine bottle holder. I saw it on eBay and liked it. zGot it for $2.98
smiley32.gif

MedPretzel said:
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

It looks absolutely wonderful, Waldo!

Congratulations on a great looking wine!

Thanks Martina....I owe it's success tot he Forum.

masta said:
Holy cow Waldo....you are turning into quite a winemaker!
smiley32.gif

Looks like we have a soon to be expert in the making!

Thanks Masta..and I am having a blast. Just anticipating another 12 months down the road when the fruits of my labors are being realized fully

Hippie said:
Very nice Waldo!

smiley20.gif

Thanks Hipppie......I cant wai until next year to get more muscadines. I am just hoping I did not waste those good muscadines on the blend I did with the Grape

Waldo,

What a vivid color!
smiley32.gif
I'm sure the taste will be just as good.

Bra...vo!

Back