Mosti Mondiale Mosti Mondiale Sterile Must

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
Another first for The Wine Maker's Toy Store - Sterile Must!

This is 100% fresh sterile must and is does not contain any concentrate. The first shipment will be from Chile and will be available for pick up at the store towards the end of April. These buckets contain 6 gallons of fresh juice and will come arrive in a refrigerated truck. Unfortunately, I do not have any way to keep the must cold, so you will have to plan to pick the must up and start the wine within 2 days of arrival (based on discussions with Mosti Mondiale).

These juices should make outstanding wines, but will require patience on your part as MM recommends a minimum of 1 year aging but strongly urges you to wait 3 years. To me, that will take a tremendous amount of will power, but I am going to make at least 1 of each variety and sample every 3 months to determine how they progress. I will be posted more information in the February newsletter.

For those of you that can not pick the juice up, I will check will MM to see if there is a way to drop ship directly to you.

Please note that I will charge your credit card when you place the order as I do not want to get stuck with a lot of juice that you could not get by to pick up. It is just good business.

Awesome addition to the store !!! Please keep us informed if it is possible to drop ship fresh juice.

Good prices considering! I wish they stated on all wines includind W.E.
what it contained such as grape pack, red or white raisons or currants.

Trust me, I am trying to dig this information out and modify the web site to display it. Neither are as easy as one would assume!
smiley29.gif

Usually those steriel must offer best white but "weak" red since you dont have the skin to ferment like winery.

the color is usually made with some soaking and using coloring grape to abotain a richer colored wine.

Edited by: david_québec

Really, so the other kits are better in your opinion! And George, I trust you explicitly!

From what i have tasted and what i have seen, sterile must red are usuallyweaker(less body)and less "powerfull" than a conterpart made from a mix of sterile juice and concentrate (like a 16L Kit) or a pasteurised kit.

since it's not pasteurised and fresh juice is pressed and then "packed" or it start fermenting quiclky, this means that the color extracting phase (typical of "brewing" a red wine) is shorten.
usually the company use some "tweak" to gain color like adding grape suited to color deeply the juice.

maybe you will love them (since thay are less expensive than "all juice")
but dontexpect to have the higher level in "kit".
But a white wine made from fresh juice will be much more like a real commercail winery since those are the same step as winery make.
something like press, put the jucie aside from the skin and ferment (youdont have the "flash" pasteurisation step. since white wine are usually lighter you should have the best white out there.

Probably that the best kit out there is the 23L pasteurised Meglioli kit made from the best product available at mosti.

if you want to aim for the best fresh red i think the "brehms" are the best out there since they come with the skinsand stem (but the price is a big turnoff )

Cant wait to see the appreciation of those fresh juice.
IMHO the white are the way to go, the red.. stay with the 23L pasteurised or 16L kit.

George, I am also interested in the sterile must. Please put me on the
list and let me know if it can be drop shipped.

Mack

Back