Mosti Mondiale Mosti Mondiale Masters Ed. Amarone of CC Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlFulchino

Winemaker of 30+ years
Reaction score
I am about to decide on my next Amarone kit..i have made the CC Showcase Amarone ( w grape pack and w the italian grapes) and I loved it...someone mentioned to me that they heard about the MM Masters Edition Amarone and that it was good...has anyone done both and could tell me their thoughts?

Also, if you have made the MM masters amarone but NOT the CC...what are you thoughts on the MM?

anyone? nobody? i realize the word *of* should be *or* in the topic title Edited by: Al Fulchino

I haven't made either of these Al, but what Mosti Kits I have done have all turned out exceptional. In the Amarone I have done the MostiFresco Amaroneand the Rennaissance Amarone. Both turned out great and I am waiting until they get a bit more age on them to start consuming in earnest. I would suspect the Masters would be even better, but I'm not sure I should try one. I might get too spoiled and be dissapointed in my own wines!

Thanks Rich.....I do keep hearing about the quality of the Mosti Brand.... i wish to invest in ten packagesand wanted to see what people thought before acting.

I was satisfied w the CC...in fact very very very satisfied

while i got you here...i am hearing that the CA grapes will be coming in early this year because of high heat....has anyone else heard this?

Maybe you should go for the Meglioli's and a few Master's editions. Youll be able to get the new Balsamic vinegar to try and youll get 10% off the Meg's. Heck, with an order like that George might even throw in the corkscrew which s really only free when 5 Limited Editions are ordered.

Good thinking!!!!...i did in fact just speak w George and he gave me some very good thoughts on the whole kit arena for Amarone.

Wade, i was talking to some grape people yesterday down in CT ( you would know who) and they said the grapes are coming in earlier than normal because of high heat in CA....so i asked what numbers they were hearing from the vineyards the fellow said he did not know and would not until they arrived.....anyway it looks like i have to move my winemaking up 2-4 weeks...i have plans to buy a ton and a half but was hoping to wait past our mum season

I made the All Juice Amarone and am very pleased with it.

thanks Peter, i appreciate the info...we had a family reunion here the other day and the sangiovese, zin and barbera flowed...and then as it got late i took out some of my Amarone was a huge hit.....i am now down to just 4 or 5 bottles.....i GOT to do SOMETHING FAST! :)

Peter, I made the AJ Amarone and has been in the bottle about 6 months.
When was yours really drinkable?

I bulk aged for about 4 months, bottled, and was drinking a couple of months later. I still have about 18 bottles left, and it just gets better and better. I would say at 6 months it is good, at one year it is great.

Had dinner with my CO last night and SWMBO told him I make wine, so this morning I had to bring in a bottle of the Amarone for him.

Corrections Officer? They let you make Amarone in jail?
smiley36.gif

I know the feeling Peter. I had another tour of people at the Willsboro vineyard today. The extension person kept telling me all these folks she needs me to bring wine to her for. In the end she says she is going to Washington in another week or so for a Produced in NYS ag promotion. She needs a few bottles for the NYS contingency to include our Senators from NYS. I think one of them is a woman that might have even campaigned recently for a top job, but fell a bit short. I guess she won't need to square off directly with some McCain guy.......

Wade, that's Commanding Officer. I work for the Navy. Also gave my local LCDR a bottle of strawberry white merlot, as she is more into "girlie wine."

Al, you can make it fast, but for it to taste wonderful, waiting is a pleasure.
smiley4.gif

Hey Peter, so I am guessing the CO is a "mans man"? haha Cabernet? Amarone? Barolo?
smiley36.gif

Back