Moscato oxidation?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByWine Making1393694138.824884.jpg

See the brown dot in middle? This 2012 Moscato from juice bucket had a really odd taste. Sort of a spoiled taste to it. Not very pleasant at all. I let it ferment from what ever BelUva inoculated with and I did my normal clean procedures on everything. I am thinking it's oxidized. The smell is funky as well. I can't really place as far as band-aid smell or anything like that. Bottles stored in 60 deg basement on sides.

Just thinking of dumping and calling it as lesson learned, but on what I don't know. Does not even taste as good as a $4 WalMart Moscato.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I am not seeing that wine as oxidized. The whole wine would have a discolor to it, not a brown spot. Was that the side to bottle was laying on? And how old is it? Did you backsweeten, what is the ph and ta?

I would wait before dumping until a possible reason can be found.

hey, why not throw some sugar in it ,rebottle it , and let it go for a while. what you got to loose. at the very least if it comes around you could use it for topping off other sweet wines if it don't you could pitch it or give it to your inlaws as xmas gifts

hey, why not throw some sugar in it ,rebottle it , and let it go for a while. what you got to loose. at the very least if it comes around you could use it for topping off other sweet wines if it don't you could pitch it or give it to your inlaws as xmas gifts

Bro/sis in law ARE looking for
more of my wine. Hmmmmmmmm!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Check another bottle. Maybe you had something bad in that one. A bit of something can possibly slip by while you are cleaning them. Arne.

Latest posts

Back