Mold!!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmer

Reaction score
I was starting a 1 gallon batch of green tea last night.
I added all the Ingredients etc...etc...added yeast!
I took out some must with a turkey baster and put it into my giant test tube, check SG with Hydrometer.
Dump back into must.
Then I noticed that at the bottom rim of the giant test tube was a small batch of mold ( smaller than 1/8 of an inch).

Now prior to this I had cleaned/sterilized all my equipment with one step. But the mold spot was in the bottom inner ring, and not visible until I turned the tube to a certian angle.

I had not added any campden tabs to my must because I was using lemon juice ( I find the 2 dont play well together to work toward fermentsation ).

should I be worried?
Is there anything I can do?
Or just give it a good dose of K-meta at the end?

from now on I will inspect all my equipment with the Inquisitiveness of Sherlock Holmes!

is rhubarb a beet...just curious.
Elmer, I had the same thing happen, and my wine turned out ok...its good that you caught it early.

I found if you dont get B Brite rinsed good it will promote mold. Sometimes I have a little tupperware bowl for soaking small stuff and I have come back to the cellar days later and found it molding cause I forgot to dump the B Brite and rinse it.

Latest posts

Back