Mosti Mondiale MM VN Zinfandel White Labeled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepbabe

Reaction score
Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble Zinfandel White (Blush)
smiley9.gif

I made this quick drinker for one of my final summer projects. I am hoping this will be ready to drink in a few months. I bottled this one quickly because I didn't want to top off and had a decent amount of head space. I noticed a small amount of sediment dropped after a few weeks in the bottle but it is really not bad.

Started: 7/30/10 SG: 1.088
Racked/Degassed: 8/5/10 Final Gravity= .9965
ABV= 12%
Filtered/Bottled: 8/24/10
29 Full Bottles, 2 "New Castle Beer" test bottles

Tasting Notes at Bottling:
"hot" high alcohol. Nice pink strawberry color. Strawberry, raspberry, cranberry flavors. A little tart and off dry and had more body than I expected from a small kit. Overall a very nice wine.

20100906_143606_Wine_Sept_2010_.jpg

20100906_143953_Wine_Sept_2010_.jpg

I photoshop'd my dog in the driver side and my friend's dog in the passenger side of the Jeep. They play nice together.

I have these three wines in secondary and will bottle in a month or so:
RJS Cellar Classic Bella Bianco (used battonge)
MM Renaissance Australian Sauvignon Blanc
RJS Cellar Classic California Cabernet Syrah Zinfandel

Next on deck...waiting for carboys ^
smiley36.gif

Cru Select Pinot Grigio
RJS Winery Super Tuscan
Orchard Breezin' CranApple Chardonnay

Very nice label...and the wine looks great...nice early drinking wine, even better with a little time on it [6 months or more]...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Runningwolf, that's not my Jeep- I wish it was! I found that picture online and thought it matched the wine so nice I used it.
smiley2.gif
I actually have a '99 White Jeep Wrangler.

Bert, I am trying to wait at least two months before trying this wine but will definitely put some away for later. It tasted sooooo good at bottling so it is hard to wait.

Looks great..my money says you'll not make it to two months before trying it
smiley2.gif

So you won't be tempted to drink it early, you should send it all to me, I'll "take care of it" for you.
smiley31.gif

Great labels!

Update after one year: This is really a great Rose! I compared it to a local Virginia "Rose" I purchased at a winery and mine was actually a little better in my opinion. Not bad for an inexpensive kit. The lesson learned here is to let it age at least a year. I tried it through out the year and at times I really didn't care for it especially early on...but after 12 months it is great! Too bad I only have less than a case left. I have a CC Sterling White Shiraz fermenting to take this one's place for next year.

Time is a good thing and it can make things better...But I don't always follow my own advise....Good Luck on the next batch with the 3 P's...
smiley20.gif

Back