Mosti Mondiale MM Riserva Mondiale Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was definitely surprised at the color especially next to my Carboy of Chardonnay which you can see in one of the pics. I went to the store and looked at other Italian Pinot Grigio's and it seemed more in line with those than the American or Aussie Pinot Grigio's. How is yours coming along?

I have been looking at racks since I started and think I will settle on a deep bookshelf that I can stack bottles pyramid style. They are inexpensive, they are enclosed on the sides (which helps to block light), they hold alot and have a small footprint. I have the bottles ready to go on my Chardonnay so I am starting to pull empty's from my large supply now. I need to do some rearranging in the winery and get rid of some empty cases first to make room for the racks!

My Pinot Grigo is in the carboy putting on some age and staying out of my line of sight.
smiley1.gif
I will be bottling at six months of age.

How much will be your cost of storage with the pyramid style rack? The racks I use have a cost of about 1$ per bottle.

I understand "rearranging."
smiley1.gif

Was just looking at racks and storage options (again) and really like this commercial one from samsclub.

20100103_114810_0001764116473_L.jpg

20100103_114836_0001764116473_L.jpg

It cost more than a bookshelf but its made for holding wine, and much STURDIER. I was going to have to add center support for each shelf which would make the savings a moot point after that.

Cost is right at $100 with shipping and each rack will hold 168 bottles so that comes out to about $0.60 a bottle.
smiley1.gif

Oh yea, I will need 2!

Mike I have a couple of those and they are terrific. Easy to put together, sturdy and a great price.

Thats great to hear as I just ordered 2 of them!

Looking forward to bottling about 1 Carboy a month for awhile!
smiley32.gif

Tasting note update!

Opened the 2nd bottle finally after 8mo's. In short, fantastico! This is an Old World Pinot Grigio, not a New World Pinot Grigio. It's light, soft and dry, not overly sweet like an Aussie PG. Very, very happy with the results!
smiley20.gif

Back