Mosti Mondiale MM ME All Juice Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Ike

Reaction score
I just bottled this wine and tasted it for the first time this afternoon. I was blown away by the quality - aroma, texture, taste and finish. I would put it up against a $30+ bottle right now. I've got to believe that this will mature well and have the quality of a $45 bottle by next summer.

While it was only my second kit, I highly recommend it - and I'm a red wine guy.

Ike

Very good news, I have this one on the way, should be here around Wed or so!
smiley20.gif

We have had our MM Master's PG bottled for over 2 months now. Lately we have been bottling a couple of 375 ml bottles for interim taste tests. A few days ago we popped one open to taste.

It is still green and not ready, but it is shaping up to be a very good wine. We enjoyed out test glasses very much.

Plan to buy another in the future.

I have been looking for a recommendation for a good Pinot Grigio. Keep us posted on the progression!

I have been considering this very kit!!!

I was about to put up a post asking about it.

I may try the meglioli PG.

Big Ike, how long from the time you bottled to the tasting? Just curious.

Thanks!

Jack

ibglowin said:
If only this was one of the kits on sale, oh well have to pony up the big $$$.

While what is left of these limited kits is at a discounted price now, the first kit I ever did was the WE World Vineyard Pinot Grigio, and it made an excellent wine!

Jack,

I did bulk age for about six weeks, but I don't know how big an impact that did or didn't have.

The first taste I had was at bottling. I made my wife taste it too. She has a much better palette than I, and she was amazed - no small feat, and I say that lovingly.

I'm really struggling to keep myself from opening one of the bottles "just to make certain" that what I originally tasted is accurate.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to shoot me more questions.

Ike

Most of the medium to higher end white kits will make an excellent wine. I also made the World Vineyard Pinot Grigio and it turned out to be one of our favorite whites that year. IMHO its hard to go wrong with a white kit. Just follow the instructions and it will come out very drinkable.

I want to do a Pinot Grigio as soon as it cools off a bit around these parts. Any real difference or preference between the Winexpert World Vineyard PG or the Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble PG? Price is pretty moot with the $5 off sale (currently) on the MM, both are 10L kits, no oak as far as I can tell or grape packs etc. They look pretty similar.

What say ye?

Mike,

When I first started this madness (and had no idea what information was available through this site or George's Resource page) I sent George a couple of notes directly. He responded to my question about quality by recommending the Mosti Mondiale. I hate to say it, but that's all I've purchased and I've been too happy thus far to try any other label.

I agree MM is a great product. I know wine expert wins alot of awards in amatuer competitions. But I am pretty much sold on MM.

My first two kits have been CC Showcase, I think the next two will be a MM PG (Vinifera Noble) and the MM All Juice Amerone (what the heck you can't hit a home run unless you swing for the fences!)
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back