Mosti Mondiale MM All Juice Questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is the 2nd so I guess it took 4 days to get there. There is nothing at all to worry about as Ive had this happen many times.

It will be fine Ron. Ferment times always vary a bit depending on quite a few factors. Just follow along the best you can at times as close as the guidelines as possible.

I need some advice. I have a mm all juice merlot, on March 2, s.g. was1.024 so racked to carboy and air locked for secondary fermentation.The last three days,18,19,20. The s.g. has been 0.994 has not changed but I still have a lot of small bubbles,co2 coming to the surface. My concern is not racking the wine off the lees, theres about a inch or so on the bottom. Should I wait till the bubbles stop or should I rack the wine off the lees? Will it hurt to leave the wine on the lees to long? Temp. of juice is 67. thank you.

You can let it sit on the lees longer as that will add mouthfeel and complexity but I wouldnt let it sit more than a few weeks. Or, you can follow the instructions and rack off lees, add meta and sorbate, degas well, and add fining agent.

Wade would you wait till all small bubbles stop before racking. Its been 18 days now for the secondary fermentation. s.g. is 0.994. thanks.

Grape pack are all well and good, but the key to great wine is in the juice, pure and simple. As I have read over and over again, "The better the fruit, the better the wine". If the juice is good, raisins and/or grape packs can make them better, but you will never have as nice of wine as you would if the juice was better.

Ron, you will continue to see small bubbles rising, even after fermentation is complete, because the wine is supersaturated with CO2, and it will continue to come out of solution. Leaving the wine on the lees for a couple of weeks is actually beneficial, as the breakdown of the lees adds compounds that add complexity to the wine.

ron you'll find that as there are different wines there are different prospectives in to the when and how for me reading what was replied to you was ok,but if it were my wine i rack it off those lees,don't see much use in them your not dealling with fresh press,rack it ,degass it and follow the next steps in your flow,its time in my sceam of things to move forward,nothing to be gained in setting at this point,rack,degass real good and let it alone to settle out,follow the flow chart/////

Latest posts

Back