Mosti Mondiale MM All Juice Castel Del Papa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dfwwino said:
It has been a very long time since I have made a post. But I want update this post. I oaked this wine with stavin medium toast oak cubes for three months. I fined per the instructions about one month ago. This weekend, my friend Chuck and I bottled the wine. At almost nine months of age, the wine is outstanding. It is the one of the best kit wines I have tasted. Velvety smooth, easy to drink too much. No hint of KT. I bought this kit along with five friends, so I only get six bottles. I really regret that decision and wish I had 30 bottles. I heartily recommend the MM Alljuice Castel Del Papa kit.

DWF I have been following this thread since you started it and appreciate the update. I am so glad to hear you are happy with your9 mo results because I know you are quite critical of your efforts and are likely to make a good wine.

This kit was also my 2008 wine started 1/1. It is was oaked foreight weeks and is bulk aging right now.
smiley1.gif

Thanks for the thread. Because of this thread (and the great price) I ordered this kit this morning.

Do the instructions include the extended time oaking that you did,and if not, how do I do it?

Also, can someone tell me how to pronounce the 'Papa'. Is the accent on the last syllable?

Thanks!

First,

You've probably made this wine long ago. I was absent from the forum for a few months. But for anyone elses benefit, I did deter from instructions by adding 3 oz. of oak cubes for 2-3 months after stabilization.

Not trying to dissuade people....because in the early days I really thought this wine had much more character (old world style) than did some of my other kits (mostly Cellar Craft's with grape pack). But mine is about 10 months old now, and bottled 2 months ago...it seems to be in the Dumb Phase. Very lackluster, non-descript, and vanilla right now.

Any other experiences from those that have tried this one at a similar time-period? I'm not too concerned...I really don't see how it could be so distinctive in the early months, and then just fall off the cliff after I bottled it. I'd bet it's going to come back really strong....just looking for some assurance here!

At 2 months in the bottle, it is in an awquard stage, it's not sure what it's doing. Most of the better kits like this one take about a year before they start to open back up good. To help get the most out of it until then it helps to use a decanter for an hour ahead of drinking.

Back