Mixup on Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derunner

Reaction score
I just mixed up 16 gallons of skeeterpee. Unfortunately, I had worked up the revised ingredient list based on 16 gallons and forgot to save half the yeast nutrient and yeast energizer to add later when it get to 1.050. I added the full amounts up front. Will this be an issue adding it all up front?

I used to add all the nutrient at the beginning up until I think it was last week when I was corrected. I'll have to wait a while now to see the difference

I don't believe this will hurt a thing. Think I would add another maybe 1/4 dose when it gets down around 1.050 or so. Just gives it that little boost to help it finish out. Good luck with it, Arne.

It has been fermenting well so far. yesterday it foamed over the top a bit, but I unplugged a couple brew belts and got it down to low 70's and have not had anymore overflows. it was 1.035 today. I hope it has enough nutrient/energizer to finish. Last time I made skeeterpee I did add more of these additives when it stalled at 1.050.

Back