MEZZA LUNA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
Saturdays can be boring for me here alone so I make labels just for fun.
20070203_181943_mezza_luna_red_.jpg

Ramona, you are one talented lady!! Just a great label.

FYI: Mezza Luna translates to half moon. Just so we're clear here that's not meant to be critical 'cause your label is awesome.
smiley14.gif

Thanks all,
I was trying to look up what Mezza Luna meant before I started on it but didn't find it. Hey, I will be bored this evening when the Super Bowl is on so maybe I'll make another version.....
smiley2.gif
!

Ramona

Wow very nice.........very talented.

I need to start working on my label as I've got a couple of batches that will need them soon. Hope I can get them half as good as Ramona's

Okay...I know many have asked before, but what software is everyone using to create these fantastic labels? I tried a free version of a program called Avery DesignPro. It can do some neat suff, but nothing near what I'm seeing here.

Great Mezza Luna label, enjoy the wine too, I'm on my second batch.
Dave

redwineleo,
I've only used Print Shop, It is easy to use and I learn something new evertime I use it.

Ramona

Great label. Love the moon. What paper do you print with and do they come off easy from the bottle?

Thanks Mark,

I have been sending my labels to Fedex Kinkos and let them print and cut them for me. Last time I took it in on a cd and they printed a proof right then to make sure I liked it. The colors come out so true and the labels have a nice finish to them. Kind of a satin finish. They cut them out too and they look professional, not like a home ink jet. They are about 90 cents a piece which can be expensive if you are labeling all of your bottles but I just do the ones I am giving away. They do come off the bottle pretty easy too. They just use regular label paper but it is the laser printer that gives them such a great look.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Ramona, when you say "regular label paper" do you mean peel-and-stick, or the kind with water-based adhesive?

peter

peter

PeterZ,

Yep, regular label paper .......full sheet paper. that has the peel splits that you can start the backing peel.

Ramona

Latest posts

Back